Last Updated: August 5, 2020
Effective Date: January 1, 2020
[IMPORTANT: BY USING THE SITE AND/OR OFFERINGS AVAILABLE ON THIS SITE, YOU GIVE YOUR CONSENT THAT ALL PERSONAL DATA THAT YOU SUBMIT MAY BE PROCESSED BY US IN THE MANNER AND FOR THE PURPOSES DESCRIBED BELOW. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, DO NOT USE THE SITE.]
THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
What Personal Information We Collect from You
When you visit and interact with our Satic Sites, it is essential for us to capture some information about your device, such as your IP address and information related to your visit. We may also need to collect information about you, including Personal Information. Personal Information is information that identifies, relates to, describes, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or household.
The following explains the categories of Personal Information we have or may collect from you within the last twelve (12) months and how we collect such data.
Online Forms: When you complete an online form to allow SATIC, or a SATIC authorized independent dealer, to contact you, we collect identifiers such as your name, address, zip code, telephone number, and e-mail address. We may also collect information sufficient to validate your identity as the party submitting the form, which may include your IP address, location information, information about your device, e.g., operating system, and a screenshot or screen recording of the form submission process.
Communications with SATIC: When you contact SATIC by telephone, or e-mail, we collect identifiers and any other Personal Information you choose to provide, as explained below.
Telephone: When you contact SATIC by telephone, we will collect the telephone number that you use to call SATIC. SATIC may record its telephone calls for training and quality assurance purposes. During a call, SATIC may additionally collect your name, address, e-mail address, and information about your energy needs and usage. If you are a business contact for a commercial client or prospect, this may include business and personal information.
E-mail and Electronic Means: When you communicate with SATIC via e-mail or other electronic means, including through a virtual assistant, we will collect your e-mail address, name, and any Personal Information you voluntarily choose to include in the communication so that we can respond to your questions and provide you with quality service.
Social Media, Online Forum, Blogs, Message Boards, Chat Rooms: You may choose to interact with SATIC via social media platforms on which SATIC is active, including, but not limited to Facebook, LinkedIn, review sites like Yelp, or through YouTube, blogs, chat or messaging features available through the Satic Sites. Relating to these interactions, SATIC may collect identifiers such as your screen name, real name and any information that you choose to provide such as posts, comments or feedback that you post or leave on pages, feeds or inboxes belonging to SATIC. There are areas of the Satic Sites and social media platforms that are visible to other users or the general public, e.g., blogs. We recommend that you do not post personal details to these areas of the Satic Sites. YOU ASSUME ALL RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY LOSS OF PRIVACY OR HARM RESULTING FROM YOUR VOLUNTARY DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION IN PUBLIC AREAS OR FORUMS.
Business Contacts: SATIC collects the personal or business contact information you provide at trade shows or similar events, including through business card scans or drops, to allow us to contact you or to receive information about us, opportunities with us, or our product or services.
Testimonials: When you provide testimonials to SATIC for us to publish on the Satic Sites or in marketing materials, you are giving consent for SATIC to use the information we collect which may include publishing images of you, sharing audio and/or video recordings, and using identifiers that may include your name, contact information, and information about your experience with SATIC products and services.
Information About Your Energy Usage: When you purchase a SATIC system from us or one of our authorized independent dealers, which may include services like energy monitoring, you provide us directly with Personal Information about yourself and your household or give us access to information about the use of the energy by your household. This information may include identifiers such as your name, location of the installation, energy produced by the system, energy utilized (energy demand), or the time of day when the energy is utilized. This data is incorporated into our monitoring system and used for various purposes, such as to monitor the performance of your system and to provide you with the services you have agreed to receive, e.g., system maintenance.
Surveys: If you respond to surveys issued by SATIC, we will collect identifiers such as your e-mail address, name, and any information you provide in response to or relating to the survey. If we disclose information relating to the survey to third parties, we will do so in non-identifying, aggregated form. We may disclose your feedback about the performance of an independent dealer or installer to that independent dealer or installer but will do so anonymously unless you agree to share your name.
Payments: When you make a payment to us, either directly or through one of our approved service providers, we collect information necessary to process the transaction and validate your identity. This may include identifiers such as your name, contact information (address and telephone number), IP address, and depending on the payment methodology, your payment card information (card number, security code, expiration date, or bank account information). We will not store credit card or bank account information but will rely on the services of PCI compliant and approved third party providers.
Career Opportunities: If you apply for a career opportunity with us, we may collect information such as your contact information (name, address, phone number, e-mail address); proof of identity; Social Security or National Identity Number; employment and education history, including information in a resume or CV; references or other information included in a voluntary background or driving record search; and information about you contained in any related communications, including a cover letter.
Consent: We may use your Personal Information for any other purpose for which you consent.
Combining Information We Collect: We may combine any of the information we collect from or about you and use it in the manner described in this Policy.
We do not collect sensitive information about you (such as health or medical history, ethnicity, political leanings, religious beliefs, trade union membership, sexual preferences, etc.) and you should not provide such information to us.
Cookies and other Automated Technology
Web Browsers: Like most site operators, we gather non-identifying information from your computer and internet connection of the sort that web browsers, depending on their settings, may make available. That information includes your Internet Protocol address, operating system and browser type and version number, and the locations of the web pages you view right before arriving at, while navigating, and immediately after leaving, the Satic Sites. Such information helps provide information on traffic data and location data, date and time of access, frequency and other communication data and details of referring websites actions, and patterns.
Web Beacons: We use technology known as "web beacons" to collect web information. A "web beacon" is an object that is embedded in a web page. It is usually invisible to you but allows site operators to check whether you have viewed a particular web page or e-mail communication. We may place web beacons on pages of the Satic Sites. You may not decline web beacons. However, they may be rendered ineffective by declining all cookies or modifying your browser setting to notify you each time a cookie is tendered and permit you to accept or decline cookies on an individual basis.
Cross-Device Tracking: We may use data analytics companies, advertising networks, or social media companies, and features offered by data analytics services or the Facebook Pixel, to engage in "cross-device tracking," which occurs when platforms, publishers, and advertising technology companies try to connect a consumer's activity across smartphones, tablets, desktop computers, and other connected devices. The goal of cross-device tracking is to enable companies to link a consumer's behavior across devices.
Social Media Plug-ins: We may use social media plug-ins on our Satic Sites from companies like Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, and LinkedIn to enable you to easily share information with others. We use the information collected from the plug-ins to learn about your interests and to help us better understand how to serve you. This information may include your preferences about how to contact you or further develop a business or professional relationship with you, your product or marketing preferences, and demographic data. The social media plug-ins may allow these companies to receive Personal Information about you and your visit to our Satic Sites. When you visit our Satic Sites, the operators of the social media plug-ins place cookies on your computer that enable them to recognize you on their websites after you have visited our Satic Sites, or that enable them to add the information collected from your visit to our Satic Sites with your prior activity on those websites. We do not control what information is collected by the social media plug-ins or the information practices adopted by those social media companies. For more information about social media plug-ins from social media websites, you should refer to those companies' privacy and data sharing statements.
Information SATIC Purchases or Receives from Third Parties
SATIC may purchase or receive information, including identifiers such as your name, address, e-mail address and telephone number from third parties to be used to market SATIC products and services to you as explained below.
Third Parties with Whom We Have a Relationship: SATIC may receive your personal information from third parties with whom we have a relationship, including our authorized independent dealers, home builders, and lenders, to determine whether you are interested in purchasing a SATIC product or service and whether that product or service is right for you.
Purchase of Data from Unaffiliated Third Parties: Where permitted by applicable law, SATIC may purchase your Personal Information from third parties, e.g. lead generators, and will process your data in accordance with applicable law (and with your consent, where required) to determine whether you are interested in purchasing a SATIC product or service and whether that product or service is right for you.
Referral Programs: We may receive your information from third parties as part of a referral program, including our "Refer a Friend" or "Friends and Family" programs and offers. These may include programs offered by your employer, trade groups or affiliation groups. Your information will only be used for determining your interest in a SATIC product.
Third-Party Site Information: Some of our applications leverage data, including images, from third-party sites or databases, or utility information provided to us by your utility company with your consent. As one example, Google Earth images may be included in our design a system or estimator functionalities. Where required, we will seek your consent to receive this data.
Links to Third-Party Sites: If you follow a link to any third-party sites or use sites of a third-party service provider, please note that they may have their own privacy policies and practices. SATIC does not accept any responsibility or liability for their policies or processing of your personal information. Please check these policies before you submit any Personal Information to any third-party sites.
HOW WE USE THE PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We use the Personal Information set forth above or non-identifiable information we collect to facilitate the business relationship we have with you, to comply with our legal and financial obligations, and to pursue our legitimate business interests, which include the business purposes set out below:
- To provide or deliver the information, notifications, services, products, support, or transactions you requested;
- To communicate with you, including to provide you information or schedule consultations about your transaction, products or services, to discuss, schedule or confirm maintenance on your system or process warranty claims, about marketing, promotional offers or surveys, and about product safety information;
- To facilitate communications with SATIC authorized independent dealers or related third parties, like pass-through warranty holders (in commercial transactions);
- To analyze, tailor, or improve our products and services, including the Satic Sites and any content or advertising thereon;
- To analyze and improve the effectiveness of our marketing programs and the Satic Sites;
- To enforce our legal obligations and rights, including our Satic Sites terms and conditions, and any contractual rights (e.g., the collection of debt);
- To improve our customer service experience, including for training and quality assurance purposes;
- To monitor the performance of your system and provide you with maintenance or troubleshoot issues with your system;
- To analyze and improve the safety and security of our products and services;
- In the event of a merger, sale, or other transfer event, in which Personal Information held by us about you is among the assets transferred; and
- To comply with laws, detect and prevent fraud, and perform related reporting obligations.
We also use the Personal Information we collect for commercial purposes. These include:
- To e-mail you about products and services that we believe may be of interest to you sometimes because you have viewed the product or indicated a purchase interest; and
- To provide your information to third parties, including our third-party distributors or SATIC authorized independent dealers, so that those third parties may directly contact you about products and services. If you wish to opt-out of receiving e-mails from us or from third parties, please follow the instructions at the bottom of each e-mail.
HOW LONG WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may keep your Personal Information and data for as long as you have an account with us. We also keep some data for security investigation. Most importantly, we have specific obligations for fraud detection and tax reasons. Therefore, we might need to retain certain data described herein even if you ask that we delete it.
HOW WE DISCLOSE PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may share your Personal Information with trusted third parties or in other instances, including where required by law. We will use contractual or other means to protect Personal Information disclosed to third parties where required to ensure that the recipient keeps the Personal Information confidential and does not use it for any purpose beyond those disclosed herein.
In the last twelve (12) months, we may have disclosed your Personal Information to any of the following categories of third parties:
- Affiliated Entities: We share the information we collect with other SATIC entities, including subsidiaries and parent companies, companies related by common ownership or control, financial and/or non-financial companies, and joint ventures, to provide our products, services and for internal business administrative purposes;
- Business Partners: We share information, including identifiers such as your name and contact information, the status of your transaction/inquiry with us, with distributors, authorized independent dealers, installers, home builders, agents, companies that perform services for us, other companies or entities to which we report lease or sales consummation or closing data, or companies with whom we have marketing or affiliate relationships to facilitate the sale and installation of your system, and report the status of your inquiry about SATIC products;
- Service Providers: We share information with service providers that: (1) process information on our behalf; (2) provide infrastructure, products or services to us or on our behalf or help us operate or improve our business; (3) participate with us in the provision, maintenance, or operation of the Satic Sites; and (4) provide you with information, products and/or services relating to your SATIC system or when it is necessary to provide information, products or services to you;
- By Law, to Protect Rights and to Comply with Our Policies: We disclose your information if: (1) required to do so by law, or in response to a subpoena or court order; (2) we believe, in our sole discretion, that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect against fraud, to protect the property or other rights of us or other users, third parties or the public at large; or (3) we believe that you have abused the service by using it to attack other systems or to gain unauthorized access to any other system, to engage in spamming or otherwise to violate applicable laws. For example, we may be required by law to provide your Personal Information to the California Public Utilities Commission or a utility provider;
- Corporate Transactions: In the event we enter into or intend to enter into a transaction that alters our business structure, such as a sale, reorganization, merger, joint venture, change of control or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock, we may share Personal Information with third parties to facilitate and/or complete the transaction; and
COLLECTION OF INFORMATION BY THIRD PARTIES
We use an external provider, BigCommerce, to run our store. BigCommerce is based in the US and is a participant in the EU-US Privacy Shield Framework and committed to providing best-in-class service and data protection. You can check its participation in the Privacy Shield here on the official site of The International Trade Administration (ITA), U.S. Department of Commerce.
Through BigCommerce, we also use other, highly specialized external providers to provide the most competitive services.
●Payment: Our store is PCI-DSS compliant (a very strict industry standard with requirements for the security of credit card information), so we use accredited companies such as NMI and PayPal to authenticate and process your credit card information.
●Shipping: We integrate with ShipStation to fulfill your orders.
Partnering with highly specialized external companies allows us to focus on what we do best: selling great products.
We do not control the third-party sites or applications that may be accessible through the Satic Sites. Thus, this Policy does not apply to information provided to third-party sites or gathered by the third parties that operate them. Before visiting a third-party site or using a third-party application, whether by means of a link on the Satic Sites or otherwise, and before providing any information to a third party, you should inform yourself of the privacy policies and practices (if any) of the third party responsible for that site or application, and you should take the steps you feel are needed to protect your privacy and security.
We take reasonable precautions and implement appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect the security of your information. However, neither people nor security systems are foolproof. Therefore, while we use reasonable efforts to protect your information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. Any unauthorized access to or use of our Satic Sites or information collected and maintained by our Satic Sites should be immediately brought to our attention by sending us an e-mail at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a user name and/or password which enables you to access certain parts of the Satic Sites, you are responsible for keeping this username and/or password confidential and for complying with any other security procedures that we notify you of or you believe are reasonable. We ask you not to share a username and/or password with anyone.
STORAGE OF YOUR INFORMATION OUTSIDE OF THE UNITED STATES AND CANADA
Your information may be transferred to or stored on servers in any country where SATIC conducts business, which includes outside of the United States and Canada. By using our Satic Sites, products or services, or otherwise providing information to us, you understand that information from or about you or your use of our products or services may be transferred to and/or stored in countries outside of your country of residence, including the United States.
Our Satic Sites are designed and intended for adults. By accessing and/or using the Satic Sites, you represent that you are at least eighteen (18) years old. If we obtain actual knowledge that a user is not at least eighteen (18) years of age, we will promptly delete information associated with that user.
In all events, the Satic Sites are not intended for, and we do not knowingly collect information from or otherwise market our website or other materials to children under thirteen (13) years of age. If you are a parent or guardian of a child under the age of thirteen (13) and believe that he or she has disclosed Personal Information to us, please contact us as described in the "Contact Us" section below. You may review and request the deletion of your child's Personal Information or prohibit the further use of such information.
YOUR CHOICES REGARDING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Disabling Cookies and Managing the Collection of your Information
for Analytics and Advertising Purposes.
You can disable cookies at any time by adjusting your browser settings. Browsers are different, so please refer to instructions related to your browser to learn about cookie-related and other privacy and security settings that may be available. Please be aware, however, if you turn off cookies, you may not be able to take full advantage of all our Satic Sites' features.
You may opt-out of receiving commercial, e.g. telemarketing or informational, e-mails, and/or newsletters from us by following the instructions contained in any of the written communications, from selecting to "opt-out" of or unsubscribe to those communications using the SATIC preferences center or by calling us at the number below. You may opt-out or unsubscribe at any time. Please note that even if you unsubscribe from these commercial communications, we may still send you non-commercial (transactional) e-mails, and where authorized, text messages, related to your account and your transactions via the Satic Sites.
Do Not Track.
We do not currently respond to DO NOT TRACK signals.
Access and Connections to Social Media.
If you connected, linked, or shared your use of our Satic Sites via your social media profile, you can manage the permissions granted to such third-party social media services by accessing those user account settings. You also can remove our access to your social media account or control what information these third-party social media services share with us at any time by accessing the privacy settings in your social media account.
YOUR RIGHTS TO YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Access, Questions or Concerns
If you have any questions or concerns about this Policy, you may contact us as described in the "Contact Us" section below.
If you are a resident of California, beginning on January 1, 2020, the California Consumer Privacy Act ("CCPA") (Civil Code § 1798.100) provides you with specific rights regarding your Personal Information. These include:
Information about Collection, Sale or Disclosure: You have the right to be informed of the categories of Personal Information that we collect about you, the categories of sources from which the Personal Information was collected, the business or commercial purposes for which the Personal Information is used, disclosed, or sold, and the categories of third parties with whom we share the Personal Information, as set forth in this Policy.
Access to Specific Information: You have the right to request that we disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your Personal Information over the past twelve (12) months. This includes the categories of Personal Information we collected about you; the categories of sources for the Personal Information we collected about you; our business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling that Personal Information; the categories of third parties with whom we share that Personal Information; and the specific pieces of Personal Information we collected about you. If we sold or disclosed your Personal Information for a business purpose, you have the right to request two separate lists disclosing the categories of Personal Information that we sold about you and to whom; and the categories of Personal Information that we disclosed about you for a business purpose. You have the right to receive the Personal Information, which you have provided to us, in a portable, and to the extent technically feasible, readily useable format.
Deletion Request Rights: You have the right to request that we delete any of your Personal Information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions that trump the right to erasure:
- The data is being used to exercise the right of freedom of expression and information.
- The data is being used to comply with a legal ruling or obligation.
- The data is being used to perform a task that is being carried out in the public interest or when exercising an organization’s official authority.
- The data being processed is necessary for public health purposes and serves in the public interest.
- The data represents important information that serves the public interest, scientific research, historical research, or statistical purposes and where erasure of the data would likely impair or halt progress towards the achievement that was the goal of the processing.
- The data is being used for the establishment of a legal defense or in the exercise of other legal claims.
Furthermore, we may request a “reasonable fee” or deny a request to erase personal data if there is sufficient justification that the request is unfounded or excessive.
Personal Information Sales Opt-Out Rights: You have the right to opt out of the sale of your Personal Information.
Non-Discrimination: Unless permitted by applicable law, we will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your privacy rights under CCPA or applicable law, including by, but not limited to:
- Denying you goods or services;
- Charging you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through the use of discounts or other benefits or imposing penalties;
- Providing you a different level of quality of goods or services; or
- Suggesting that you will receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level of quality of goods or services.
Exercising Your Rights: Only you or an authorized agent may make a verifiable consumer request related to your Personal Information. To exercise your rights, click here and submit your request, which will be reviewed and responded to by SATIC's Chief Information Officer. You may also submit your request telephonically by calling SATIC at (406) 493-1861, and asking to speak with our Chief Information Officer, who will handle your request.
Designating a Third-Party to Act on Your Behalf: In order to designate a third party to act on your behalf, that person must be registered with the California Secretary of State and must have valid written evidence of authority from you to act on your behalf, e.g. a validly executed Power of Attorney or some other written, notarized documentation that they can provide to SATIC. Absent such documentation, SATIC reserves the right to refuse to comply with third-party requests for information.
Verifying Your Requests: During the verification process, depending on the nature of your request, e.g. whether you are seeking access to information versus deleting information, we will first seek to verify your identity against known information in our environment, such as your name, e-mail address, and telephone. Upon receiving your request, we may also contact you via email and/or other secured communication channel to verify your identity. In certain instances, e.g. a mismatch against known information or where you are seeking information on behalf of another person with authorization, we may seek additional verification from you, which may be in the form of you providing a copy of a valid, government issued identification or a notarized attestation.
Shine the Light
California's "Shine the Light" law (Civil Code § 1798.83) permits users of our Satic Sites that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of Personal Information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an e-mail to email@example.com or write us at:
7151 Kestrel Drive
Missoula, MT 59808
European Union Residents
If you are one of our customers who is in the EU, and we are specifically selling our products to the Member State where you are located, then under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDRP) you have a number of important rights that we are honored to enforce without undue delay and free of charge. In summary, those include rights to:
- Fair processing of information and transparency over how we use your Personal Information
- Access to your Personal Information and to certain other supplementary information that this Privacy Notice is already designed to address
- Require us to correct any mistakes in your information which we hold
- Require the erasure of Personal Information concerning you in certain situations
- Receive the personal information concerning you which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit those data to a third party in certain situations
- Object at any time to processing of Personal Information concerning you for direct marketing
- Object to decisions being taken by automated means which produce legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affect you
- Object in certain other situations to our continued processing of your Personal Information
- Otherwise restrict our processing of your Personal Information in certain circumstances
- Claim compensation for damages caused by our breach of any data protection laws
For further information on each of those rights, including the circumstances in which they apply, see the Guidance from the UK Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) on individual’s rights under the GDRP.
Exercising Your Rights
If you would like to exercise any of those rights, please:
•Email, call, or write to us via our Chief Information Officer, hereby appointed as SATIC’s Data Protection Officer, overseeing data protection via firstname.lastname@example.org
•Let us have enough information to identify you (e.g., account number, user name, registration details)
•Let us have proof of your identity and address (a copy of your State or Government issued ID such as a driver’s license or passport and a recent utility or credit card bill)
•Let us know the information to which your request relates including any account or reference numbers, if you have them.
How to Complain
We hope that we can resolve any query or concern you raise about our use of your information.
The GDRP also gives you rights to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular in the European Union (or European Economic Area) state where you work, normally live, or where any alleged infringement of data protection laws occurred.
SATIC, as opposed to any of its officers, employees, or individual members in their personal capacities, is solely responsible for all content and information that it posts on the Satic Sites.
If you have questions, wish to contact us, or if you would like this notice in another format (for example: audio, large print, braille) please contact us at the following addresses and include your name, address and e-mail address in your correspondence to us:
7151 Kestrel Drive
Missoula, MT 59808